If you have little children that are fans of Sesame Street or Cookie Monster they will love these bars! Perfect to make for a Sesame Street birthday party. My little boy loves Elmo and Cookie Monster the best, although we don't watch the show all that often. I made these delicious bars based on a recipe from Gal on a Mission. Of course you can make them with a different colored cake mix and call them something else, but I liked how the blue velvet turned out.
They were super easy to make which is a huge plus in my book, it only takes four ingredients! They taste great too! It's always fun to have brightly colored food. Here's the recipe:
Cookie Monster Dessert Bars
- Blue Velvet Cake Mix (or any other cake mix will work too)
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x9 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, butter and egg. Mix until a dough forms. Fold in the chocolate chips.
3. Press the dough into the baking dish. Bake for 23-25 minutes or until the top starts to brown. Allow to cool completely before cutting.
See what I mean, it's super easy! Enjoy your yummy bars!
(This post might also be linked up to some of these lovely parties.)